The Archeological Area of St. Augustine
The Archeological Area of st. Augustine in Cassago
The Archeological Area of St. Augustineá
Inaugurated in 1986 to commemorate the sixteenth centenary of Augustine's conversion, SOJURN IN CASSICIACUM and baptism, the town opened an area to the right of the Piazza of the parish Church which calls attention to vestiges of the Roman civilization 1600 years ago and more.
The area or park offers áthe visitor the opportunity to áexperience artifacts dating from the third and second centuries B.C. until the fifth and sixth centuries A.D. Moreover, to highlight this centenary of Augustine's time at Cassiciacum, the town built a beautiful bronze monument picturing St. Augustine and his mother, Monica, as a centerpiece for the area and designating the place as offering both an historical as well as a devotional itinerary.